[Runs on Windows operating systems only]
This is a fantastic software tool that offers a unique way to assess and progress monitor sight word fluency. No paper and pencil required! Just click the mouse when your student reads each displayed word. At the end of the assessment, you will have a data sheet that lists the words in order of response time, from slowest to fastest with "missed words," or words that were not read within the set time limit, at the top of the page. You can then save or print the results, practice missed words, or print flash cards for missed words.
Available word lists for this FREE version include:
* Dolch Pre-primer
* Fry's First 100
* Fry's First 100 Phrases
New features in this version include:
* Print flash cards from any available list
* Skip words
* Pause assessment
* Option to auto-advance words
* Option to use keyboard to advance, skip, and pause
* Visual indication when time has expired on a word (a small grey square appears in the bottom right corner of the screen).
What you get:
* Mac and PC versions (no installation required)
* Instructions in PDF format
* Open the application.
* Type in your student’s name.
* Choose the word list you want to assess.
* Choose the expected response time from the drop down menu.
* Students read the words as they appear on the screen one at a time.
* Left-click on the mouse (or press the right arrow key) after each word is read to advance to the next word.
* At the end of the assessment, you will have a data sheet that lists the words in order of response time, from slowest to fastest with "missed words," or words that were not read within the set time limit, at the top of the page.
* Save or print the results, practice missed words, or print flash cards for missed words.
Addresses ELA Common Core State Standards 3 and 4 for word recognition and fluency
Word presentation order can be randomized to ensure that each experience with the tool is unique.
Use the instant results to identify words needing additional practice.
Result sheets with listed response times allow you to easily monitor student progress in automaticity.
I hope that you find this product as useful as I have.