Also included in
- Get 130 sight word fluency reading passages and word cards for intervention in this huge bundle pack. These passages provide targeted in-context practice for sight word identification and sight word fluency. For students who can quickly read sight words on a flash card but struggle to read them with$25.00$25.98Save $0.98
- Sight Word MEGA Bundle includes ALL 5 of my sight word fluency intervention packs! Use the three Practice Packs to intentionally teach the Fry sight word list with engaging fluency practice and interactive activities. Then, use the Reading Passages packs to ensure your students are transferring thei$35.18$43.98Save $8.80
This sight word reading intervention resource contains 55 fluency passages that are packed with targeted sight words. If you have students who can quickly read sight words on a flashcard but struggle to read the words within the context of a story, this resource is a game-changer!
*During the COVID-19 Crisis, feel free to email this directly to the parents of the students in your classroom so that they can print and use this with their child for reading intervention. (Please include a note to your parents that they cannot share it with anyone else.) This is a single-classroom purchase and the students in your classroom are part of that license. I hope this helps you to continue to provide reading intervention with the support of your students' families.
How does the sight word fluency intervention work?
1) Students practice the four target sight words on flashcards in both a "print" font AND a Times New Roman font (commonly seen in printed material but rarely used on kid-friendly flashcards. This often causes a reading difficulty in struggling students who have trouble identifying letters within various fonts).
2) Students go on a "sight word hunt" with crayons or highlighters, coloring the four targeted words within the passage.
3) Students practice their fluency through three repeated readings, keeping track of each time they read the story by coloring the happy faces at the end of each passage.
4) Students demonstrate their comprehension of the passage by illustrating the text.
What sight words does this resource cover?
This pack contains 55 different passages that focus on the Pre-Primer, Primer, First, Second, and Third Grade Dolch Words (223 words total).
My district uses the Fry Words. Do you have passages for Fry Words?
Yes! I have an additional resource of sight word fluency passages that covers the first 300 Fry Words. You can find that resource by clicking HERE.
I also have a BUNDLE pack of both of these resources so that regardless of the list you use, you have PLENTY of sight word fluency passages available for practice, intervention, and instruction.
Find the bundle HERE
How many weeks of intervention does this resource provide?
Used once daily, that is over *TEN WEEKS* of reading intervention for your struggling students. Each passage also contains the number of words at the bottom of the page, allowing for teachers to use these passages as fluency assessments or to keep track of student progress.
Who is this sight word intervention fluency resource designed for?
This intervention packet would be great to use in a small group setting, as a warm-up for guided reading, an RTI setting, or within a tutoring or after school program. It can easily be used for struggling first, second, and third graders who have not yet mastered fluency skills with over 80 words per minute. (Passages within the packet contain between 65-90 words each.) It would also be appropriate for intervention settings and even fourth and fifth graders who struggle with reading fluency.
Please read the reviews from real-time teachers who are using this in their classroom right now!
Can I try out a sight word lesson for FREE to see how this works?
Definitely! Please download the free preview file to get all the materials you need for Story #1 so that you can try the intervention out with your students if desired!
Click HERE to read more about this intervention resource on my blog.
Please contact me with any questions you may have prior to purchasing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss DeCarbo, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - All Rights Reserved