Also included in
- Get 130 sight word fluency reading passages and word cards for intervention in this huge bundle pack. These passages provide targeted in-context practice for sight word identification and sight word fluency. For students who can quickly read sight words on a flash card but struggle to read them with$25.00$25.98Save $0.98
- Sight Word MEGA Bundle includes ALL 5 of my sight word fluency intervention packs! Use the three Practice Packs to intentionally teach the Fry sight word list with engaging fluency practice and interactive activities. Then, use the Reading Passages packs to ensure your students are transferring thei$35.18$43.98Save $8.80
This sight word reading intervention pack includes *75* original fluency passages that are JAM PACKED with Fry's First 300 sight words! Each passage "targets" or focuses on 4 of Fry's Sight Words. These 4 target sight words are repeated frequently throughout the passage, allowing your students the opportunity to identify and read the sight words within the context of a story or text.
My first edition included Dolch Words. THIS pack includes the first 300 FRY words. Now, there are enough passages to last you ALL YEAR LONG!
If you are using the first version of my Sight Word Fluency Passages for Reading Intervention you will LOVE these 75 additional passages for your students!
Do you have students who are only able to identify sight words on flash cards? I created this product when I noticed that four of my struggling readers were having difficulty transferring their knowledge of sight words from the flash card to real text.
Implementing the intervention is EASY:
1) Students practice the four target words on flashcards in both a "print" font AND a Times New Roman font (commonly seen in printed material but rarely used on kid-friendly flash cards. This often causes a reading difficulty in struggling students who have trouble identifying letters within various fonts).
2) Students go on a "sight word hunt" with crayons or highlighters, coloring the four targeted words within the passage. This is so fun for the kids!!
3) Students practice their fluency through three repeated readings, keeping track of each time they read the story by coloring the happy faces at the end of each passage.
4) Students demonstrate their comprehension of the passage by illustrating the text.
Each section of the pack contains a labeled divider sheet, so you can easily organize each section of passages into a binder.
HUNDREDS of teachers are using my sight word fluency passages every day in their Tier II, Tier III, and intervention setting. And, they are seeing results! Many others are using this within the general classroom as a warm-up to guided reading, as a homework program, and as a great tool for parents and volunteers to help increase reading fluency in struggling and on-target readers. Used once daily, these 75 passages provide over 15 weeks worth of reading intervention!
These passages are a wonderful fit for first grade readers, struggling second grade readers, intervention/at-risk readers, and for special intervention teachers of upper primary grades.
NEED TO TRY IT FIRST? **Download the preview version.*** I've included one set of passages and flashcards from each set of Fry Words: One from Fry's first 100 words, one from Fry's second 100 words, and one from Fry's third 100 words. Each set comes with two versions of fonts. Try them out on your own students first to put this intervention to the test.
Please read the reviews from real-time teachers who are using the first edition in their classroom right now by reading the reviews HERE.
These passages have been tested and used by real teachers from all over! I know you will LOVE the results! :) You can read about how I used my first pack with my students by visiting my blog post HERE.
Thank you so much. Please contact me with any questions you may have prior to purchasing at firstname.lastname@example.org