Sight Word Game
- Dolch List 4 in a Row - is an excellent Literacy Centre Activity. It provides a SOCIAL & ENJOYABLE way to practice the Dolch sight word lists.
Essence of the Game:
Students place counters alternately on the game board and read the Dolch sight words. The winner is the first person to get 4 of their counters to line up horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
- Print this board and laminate it.
- One die (yes die is the singular, dice is the plural)
- Colored counters for each player e.g. Player 1 = red Player 2 = green.
How to Play
1. Roll the die.
2. Read a sight word with the same number as the die.
3. Place one colored counter on the sight word if read correctly.
4. The winner is the one to have 4 in a row either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Tips and Hints
• This game works best as a two player game.
• Can be played without a die - children just choose words.
• Try playing best of three plays – this helps to reinforce sight word vocabulary.
• Rules can be adapted to get children to spell the word.
Included in the Download
1 High Color Board - Dolch List 1
1 Low Color Board - Dolch List 1
1 set of Game Rules
1 PowerPoint File with the Colored Board for Whole Class Exploration and Discussion
If You Like the Look of This Game, CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
my current Math and Literacy games PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
You only have to use 7 of the games to get your money's worth :-)
To Read More - CLICK HERE