This is an autumn version of the popular game Roll, Say, Keep.
To play, students place the sight word cards onto the game board. They then roll a die and choose the corresponding card. If they read the card correctly they keep the card. If not, they return the card to the gameboard and the next player takes their turn. Play continues until all of the cards have been read.
This is a fun and fast paced game that will keep your kids engaged while practicing their sight word fluency. There are extension worksheets that are also included for further practice. Each of the words from the dolch list are included.
This game is easily differentiated as it includes cards for all of the dolch sight word lists. I have also included color and number words. You can adapt the game to meet the needs of your learners by using a specific number or cards or just cards from particular word lists.
This game works great as a literacy center, fast finisher activity or as a take home game.
Included with this download
- instructions for how to play
- six different gameboards
- word cards for the dolch pre primer list
- word cards for the dolch primer list
- word cards for the dolch first grade list
- word cards for the dolch second grade list
- word cards for the dolch third grade list
- word cards with number words
- word cards with color words
- 7 words lists (one for each of the dolch lists)
- extension worksheets that students read, write and stamp the words, each of the words are included for a total of 26 worksheets with the same format.
Please take a look at the preview to see a sample of the product.