This is a fast pace game that does take some time to master.
This game helps with improving recognition of the sight words and fluency. Being able to identify the sight words quickly and claim the next card correctly is key. The sight words chosen for this game are from my school district. If you contact me I'd be happy to consider remaking the game with your words. I have tested the game out with my kinders, and my teammates have tested it with their's also. They all love it, some of the kids have even asked for their own copy of the game. It works well in color or black and white. Just print it out, cut it apart, and go. All feedback is welcomed and if I need to make any tweaks or if you want it personalized please let me know.
How the game works:
- start by shuffling the cards up
- set stack of cards face down
- each person takes their first card
- the players study the words on their card
- when ready flip the entire stack so that the stack is now faced up
- be the first to yell out a word that matches a word your card and then it's yours
- as you are removing your won card the other is automatically revealed but now you've got to match a word on the new card, not the old card, with a word now on the reveal card on top of the stack
- the game continues until all cards are claimed
- when all cards are count your cards to see who won or shuffle them back up and play again