This fun 'My pile, your pile' or 'Sight Word Slam' game is an ideal for card game for Kindergarten, first grade, second and even third grade students who are learning to recognize high-frequency words quickly. This is a fun favorite of my students who call it 'The Shark Game'. Adapt the game for fun, quick, visual recognition in other subject areas by simply changing the cards (i.e. letters, numbers, shapes, objects, etc.)
Turn a smart phone box into a colorful and shark den with the instructions provided, and challenge your students to keep their cards safe!
Full instructions are provided in the download.
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback here.
More Early Literacy!
- Digital Early Literacy Assessment Slides
- First Grade Kindergarten Reading Bundle
- Concepts about Print: Letters and Words Storybook Lesson, bulletin board, visuals and sorting activity!
- Say it, Clap it, Toss it Syllable Sort Game (plus Season sort!)
- Level aa Special Times of Year – 10 pack: Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
- Multi-Theme Levels A/ B – 10 pack: Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
- Feelings Visuals - Posters, Emotions Scales, Self-Regulation Strategies
- Feelings Emotions Bingo - grades 2-5
- Learning Buddies Starter Pack!
- Cars and Trucks Sight-word levelled readers and activities
- The #DWF EVERYTHING Bundle! (all #DWF TpT products continuously added here!)
- Dealing With Feelings 1st 7 Storybook Lessons
- Reading Buddy Activities for the whole year!
- The Complete Personal Alphabet BUNDLE with over 200 Images!
- Kindergarten First Grade Alternative Reading Log
- Kindness Storybook lessons, bulletin board
☆Followers’ Fave FREEBIES!☆
- Dealing With Feelings: FREE SAMPLE Line Art Storybook lesson
- Free Sample: Flexible and Fun Reading Log
- FREE: How to make familiar reading fun for kids - Handout for parents and volunteers!
- The Top Three Reading Prompts Bookmarks - Free!
- FREE Elkonin sound boxes and syllable printables like those included in Read and Write and More, sets!
- Free K-2 Graphic Organizer and drawing printable (Earth Day)!
- Thank you for being my Reading Buddy Card FREEBIE
Please direct any questions you may have on the Q and A page of my store (by clicking my name at the top right), or email me at ThatFunReadingTeacher@gmail.com.
Pop by for a visit on:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Log in and go to your My Purchases page. Click the Provide Feedback button, where you will be linked to the page to leave a rating and short comment for the product.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive email updates about ThatFunReadingTeacher on TpT!
Sight Words | Sight Word Game | Differentiated Learning | Reading | Writing | Interactive Word Game | flash cards | game | my pile your pile game | smart phone box game