Sight Word Game
: These sight word games cover the 3rd and 4th 100 Fry List Words.
'No Three in a Row'
is an engaging sight word game for those learning to read. This version of the game focuses on the 3rd & 4th Hundred Fry words. The lists are divided into 8 game boards which makes it ideal for differentiation and small group work.
There are 8 full color game boards as well as 8 low color versions of the game in this download. The low color versions of the game boards are ideal for sending home with students on Individual Literacy Plans or as a way to get some parental involvement in homework.
What You Need:
1 Fry Sight Word Game Board
15 Counters of One Color
15 Counters of Another Color
How to Play:
1. Player One is the person with the shortest hair.
2. Player One chooses a word, states it clearly to Player Two and places one of their counters on it.
3. Player Two then chooses a word, states it clearly to Player One and places one of their counters on it.
4. Play continues in this fashion until a player is forced to lay a counter and it makes a row of three either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
How to Win:
Be the person who DOES NOT place 3 counters in a row either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Included in this Download:
8 Full Color Game Boards
8 Low Color Game Boards
1 PowerPoint Version with ALL the full color versions of the game boards for easy discussion and revision.
Words Covered in this Download
Fry List - Third Hundred
- high, every, near, add, food, between, own, below, country, plant, last, school, father, keep, tree, never, start, city, earth, eyes, light, thought head, under & story.
- saw, left, don’t, few, while, along, might, close, something, seem, next, hard, open, example, begin, life, always, those, both, paper, together, got, group, often & run.
- important, until, children, side, feet, car, mile, night, walk, white, sea, began, grow, took, river, four, carry, state, once, book, hear, stop, without, second & late.
- miss, idea, enough, eat, face, watch, far, Indian, real, almost, let, above, girl, sometimes, mountains, cut, young, talk, soon, list, song, being, leave, family & it’s.
Fry List - Forth Hundred
- body, music, color, stand, sun, questions, fish, area, mark, dog, horse, birds, problem, complete, room, knew, since, ever, piece, told, usually, didn’t, friends, easy & heard.
- order, red, door, sure, become, top, ship, across, today, during, short, better, best, however, low, hours, black, products, happened, whole, measure, remember, early, waves & reached.
- listen, wind, rock, space, covered, fast, several, hold, himself, toward, five, step, morning, passed, vowel, true, hundred, against, pattern, numeral, table, north, slowly, money & map.
- farm, pulled, draw, voice, seen, cold, cried, plan, notice, south, sing, war, ground, fall, king, town, I’ll, unit, figure, certain, field, travel, wood, fire & upon.
CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)