Popcorn Sight Word Game
- The Popcorn Word List - 'No Three in a Row' is an engaging sight word game for those learning to read. This version of the game focuses on the 'Popcorn Words' i.e.the ones that just keep 'popping' up all the time in children's reading.
There are 2 full color game boards as well as 2 low color versions
of the game in this download. The low color versions of the game boards are ideal for sending home with students on Individual Literacy Plans or as a way to get some parental involvement in homework.
What You Need
1 Fry Sight Word Game Board
15 Counters of One Color
15 Counters of Another Color
How to Play
1. Player One is the person with the shortest hair.
2. Player One chooses a word, states it clearly to Player Two and places one of their counters on it.
3. Player Two then chooses a word, states it clearly to Player One and places one of their counters on it.
4. Play continues in this fashion until a player is forced to lay a counter and it makes a row of three either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
How to Win
Be the person who DOES NOT place 3 counters in a row either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Included in this Download
2 Full Color Game Boards
2 Low Color Game Boards
1 PowerPoint Version with All the full color versions of the game boards for easy discussion and revision.
The Board 1 includes all the words from:
Unit 1 - I, like, the & and.
Unit 2 - see, we, a & to
Unit 3 - come, me, with, my, you, what, are & now
The Board 2 includes all the words from:
Unit 4 - is, how, find, this, will, be, go & for
Unit 5 - make, play, said, good, she, all, he & no
Unit 6 - do, down, have, help, look, out, off & take.
If You Like the Look of This Game, CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
my current Math and Literacy games PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
You only have to use 7 of the games to get your money's worth :-)
To Read More - CLICK HERE