This game is similar to the traditional game of "Guess Who". I have used this game with students ranging in age from kindergarten to 3rd grade and all love it!
Included in this game is an instruction page, 2 game boards containing K-1 sight words, and a blank sheet for you to print and fill in your own sight words.
Directions for this game are as follows:
1. Print the Sight Word Guess Who game boards and place them in plastic sheet covers so that you can use dry erase markers for this game.
2. Next, each player receives a Sight Word Guess Who game board and a file folder. Players prop up the file folders to prevent others from seeing their boards.
3. Then, each player circles a word on their board using a dry erase marker. It is important to remember not to tell which word they circle – it will be up to the other player to “guess” their word.
4. Players take turns asking each other “yes” or “no” questions about the words that they chose. For example, questions might include: Does your word have 3 letters?; Does your word have an “e” in it?; etc.
5. Players cross off words using their markers as they go.
6. Play continues in this fashion until a player is able to “guess” the opposing player’s word. That player is the winner!
*All Images included in this game are attributed to Scrappin Doodles!*