4 sets of 16 Sight Word Play Dough Mats (Pink, Purple, Yellow, and Green for learning progression) by Nellie Edge
Each mat has:
- Handwriting Guides
Playdough mats provide highly-motivating, multisensory word work that differentiate learning.
- handwriting motions
- letter recognition
- word fluency
- and build fine motor skills!
Each of these colored sets of sight words play dough mats complement the Nellie Edge Sight Word Program BUNDLE. (We call these sight words “heart words” because students learn the words “by heart.”) See a PREVIEW HERE of this program in action.
Students love the challenge of quickly reading and demonstrating mastery of their next set of words for their word work.
These “heart words” are among the 64 words kindergartners use most within a comprehensive writing-to-read program.
Students learn to observe closely and practice at their word work level:
· naming and fingerspelling letters
· using accurate handwriting motions (Zaner-Bloser style)
· reading sight words and sight word sentences
· playing sight word games in pairs. Print 2 copies of each mat in different shades of each set. (i.e. green: grass green, mint …)
· reading and building sentences together
¬ Some students will need more multisensory word work practice
¬ Send sets home: Teachers may also choose to print the word models and send sets home for family practice
¬ Great for intervention with special needs students. Either spiral bind each set of colored play dough mats, or use plastic sleeves in a 3-ring binder
¬ For Fast Finishes: student may use word mats from their current “heart words” challenge to build reading, writing, and fingerspelling mastery
· 4 color-coded sets (pink, purple/lavender, yellow, and green) of 16 “heart word” mats for you to laminate. Each set is in black and white or color. For smaller play dough cards, print 4-to-a-page horizontal.
· Heart Word Challenge Mat
· Exclamation Word! Play Dough Mat
· Create a Play Dough Word Work Center
· I for Independence Chart (student responsibilities when using play dough)
· Thank You Teacher Helpers!
· Teach for Independence
· "Dancing with Differentiation" and Making Word Work Real
· Games to Play with Heart Word Play Dough Mats
· Cooked Play Dough Recipe
· Parent letter: Help Needed Making Play Dough
· Horizontal Cover for Binding Play Dough Mats
· Teach Letter Formations with Large Body Movement and Consistent Language
· "Play Dough Mats Reinforce Heart Words"
· Prolific writer sentence chart (for students who have mastered beginning writing sentence patterns)
· Heart Words List: pink, purple, yellow, green
· Heart Word Assessment for each set
· I Can Read Green Heart Words
· ABC Phonics Family Reference Chart
· Sing, Sign, Spell, and Read! List of Songs and Chants
· Parent Letter – Help Needed to Copy CDs
· Play Dough Word Work Tote Labels
· Meeting the Kindergarten ELA Common Core State Standards
· Thank You for Your Purchase of Nellie Edge Kindergarten products!
Please note: These multisensory sight word strategies are demonstrated in Nellie Edge Online Seminar (NEOS) #3.
Click HERE to Follow My Store and to be notified of new Nellie Edge Kindergarten (PreK-1) products. All new items are listed at 50% off for the first 48 hours after posting! Leave feedback and earn TpT credits.
Find resources and support on my website, NellieEdge.com
SMILES for joyful teaching and learning,