Also included in
- Making Sight Word Practice fun can be a challenge, but helping students retain is even more of a challenge. This bundle are the methods I used to help my 1st grade students be the most successful. Sight Word Goals Word WallThis is a sight word wall, but it is way more than that. The students get a c$4.80$6.00Save $1.20
This Sight Word Wall will help motivate your students learn and retain their sight words at a faster rate. It has been teacher tested many times. The program is interactive, puts students in charge of their goals and gives students a chance to come alongside classmates and help them practice and cheer them on.
I began this Sight Word Goal program for my first grade class and had so much success that I just had to tell others about it. The teacher put the display up on the bulletin board or on the wall underneath a whiteboard. It makes a great Sight Word Wall Display, and is very interactive for students. As students learn the list of words, they get to move their clip to the next list. The class celebrates and cheers their progress. Students are motivated to continue to practice so they can move their clip at a faster rate. It would work well in a Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade class or 3rd grade class. Students also use it daily to find words they need to spell.
- Editable Colored Sight Word Cards (Use for any level). These are the same colored lists but do not have words on them. This allows any teacher to cater it to the list they use. Each card has room for 5 words.
- Pre-made Colored Sight Word Cards (1st Grade Level). Each card has 5 words.
- Detailed Instructions on how to use the program
- Master Teacher List (For the included 1st Grade words)
- Student List to take home (For the included 1st Grade words)
- Checklist for Sight Words (For the included 1st Grade words)
- 168 Words included
Sight word retention is a pivotal point in learning to read. For some kids these words are very difficult to learn and for others they learn them without much practice. Using this program it is motivational for students to keep practicing. They get to work at their level and activities they do will be based off of their level. Some may practice the same 5 words for several weeks and they move on when they are ready. The teacher isn't adding the new words til they have the current list mastered. It is easy for the teacher to see the board and easily group students based on levels or to pair a high with a low for a reading activity.
My 1st grade students came to me and most did not know their kindergarten sight words. After we started using these sight word goals, the success has been tremendous. Students are asking parents to practice at home. The kids scream with delight when they make it to the next level, they beg to test each day and I love seeing the success on their faces. The other advantage to this program was that this made a huge improvement in the student's reading as well.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey
Please note that this file is a zip file. There is a separate file for the editable versions.