Many sight words don't follow the "rules" and can be difficult to spell for young children. You can't sound out words like "the"! Help kids be successful in learning the spellings of sight words with this resource!
Includes 239 First Grade Sight Words on 32 Lists
Smooth Transition in Difficulty: Lists begin with only five words then gradually increase up to ten.
• Printing Practice (Tracing/Writing)
• Alphabetical Order Cut & Paste
• Sentence Writing
• Word Boxes
• Word Search
• ALSO INCLUDES: Spelling Test Pages
• Updated 2/24: Now includes student spelling lists to study from
These activities are great to use on a weekly basis (for 32 weeks) during the school year!
Each activity provides structure and practice for reading and spelling sight words. The predictable routine will allow for students to work independently from early in the year.
These pages fit nicely into spelling OR sight word instruction and can be used in centers, as homework, or as independent classwork.
* Complements Macmillan McGraw-Hill's Treasures Reading Program wonderfully! It includes all of the sight words from the program, plus several others taken from Dolch and Fry Lists. However, this can be used with ANY program of course!
These materials have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Macmillan McGraw-Hill.
You might also be interested in:
• 1st Grade Sight Word Cards for your Word Wall
• Grammar Write the Room Activity: Has or Have
• Fluency Practice Pages (Weekly Review Lists and Sentences)
• Stamping Station Activities
• Word Building Activities