These fun and engaging sight word activities require no prep and are perfect for morning work, literacy centers, early finishers and homework.
This product includes 100 worksheets, one for each of the following Fry's First 100 words:
a, about, all, am, an, and, are, as, at, be, been, but, by, called, can, come, could, day, did, do, down, each, find, first, for, from, get, go, had, has, have, he, her, him, his, how, I, if, in, into, is, it, its, like, long, look, made, make, many, may, more, my, no, not, now, number, of, on, one, or, other, out, part, people, said, see, she, so, some, than, that, the, their, them, then, there, these, they, this, time, to, two, up, use, was, water, way, we, were, what, when, which, who, will, with, words, would, write, you, your
Each page focuses on one sight word and the following eight activities:
1. Fine Motor skill Students read the sight word and color each letter of the word.
2. Counting skill Students count the letters of the word and color in the right number.
3. Letter recognition Students have to find and identify the first letter of the word.
4. Letter recognition Students have to find and identify the last letter of the word.
5. Spelling Students have to find the right trace to the correctly spelled word.
6. Spelling Students have to find the footsteps with the correct words.
7. Letter structure Students write the missing letters in the correct boxes. They have to observe the size and shape of each letter.
8. Letter size and shape Students observe the size and shape of each letter and write the word in the correct letter boxes. This helps with familiarity of letter sizes for handwriting.
If you like this packet, you may also like the following packets:
Sight Word Detectives (Pre-Primer Edition)
Sight Word Detectives (Primer Edition)
Sight Word Detectives (First Grade Edition)
SAVE BIG WITH THE BUNDLE Sight Word Detectives Bundle
I really hope that these activities are EFFECTIVE and FUN for your students.