Kids love to be detectives so I created these fun and engaging sight words activities. They require no prep and are perfect for morning work, literacy centers, early finishers and homework. This bundle includes 100 printables and focuses on letter recognition, spelling, letter formation and fine motor skills.
This product includes 100 worksheets, one for each of the following Fry's First 100 words:
a, about, all, am, an, and, are, as, at, be, been, but, by, called, can, come, could, day, did, do, down, each, find, first, for, from, get, go, had, has, have, he, her, him, his, how, I, if, in, into, is, it, its, like, long, look, made, make, many, may, more, my, no, not, now, number, of, on, one, or, other, out, part, people, said, see, she, so, some, than, that, the, their, them, then, there, these, they, this, time, to, two, up, use, was, water, way, we, were, what, when, which, who, will, with, words, would, write, you, your
Each page focuses on one sight word and the following eight activities:
1. Fine Motor skills Students read the sight word and color each letter of the word.
2. Counting skills Students count the letters of the word and color in the right number.
3. Letter recognition Students have to find and identify the first letter of the word.
4. Letter recognition Students have to find and identify the last letter of the word.
5. Spelling Students have to find the right path to the correctly spelled word.
6. Spelling Students have to find the footsteps with the correct words.
7. Letter structure Students write the missing letters in the correct boxes. They have to observe the size and shape of each letter.
8. Letter size and shape Students observe the size and shape of each letter and write the word in the correct letter boxes. This helps with familiarity of letter sizes for handwriting.
If you like this packet, you may also like the following packets:
Sight Word Detectives (Pre-Primer Edition)
Sight Word Detectives (Primer Edition)
Sight Word Detectives (First Grade Edition)
I really hope that these activities are EFFECTIVE and FUN for your students.