Sight Word Readers, Activities: Mom and Dad
Also included in
- Early Literacy Bundle - collection of Kindergarten and First Grade early literacy resources! 18 resources are now included. This bundle includes:my top selling Personal Alphabet Book kit - ideally a teacher or ECE run center15 Reader Sets (14 of which are Sight-Word-Stages Readers, color with diffePrice $32.00Original Price $44.00Save $12.00
- Looking for Level A and Level B readers for guided reading? These ten high-interest stories target specific sight words while allowing early readers to maintain attention to the meaning in the pictures. Included in this bundle:Silly Animals 2pk - Sight-Word-Stages Level A Readers and Writing ActivitPrice $18.00Original Price $26.00Save $8.00
Guided Reading: Leveled Sight Word Readers
Levels A/B readers, sentence puzzles and writing activities sets 2 pack!
Sight-word leveled readers and writing activities about what characters are reading to Mom; and who (and what) Dad reads with! Suitable all year round. Ideal for Mother's Day and Father's Day. Includes sentence puzzles and more!
I can read to Mom is great for Mother's Day and for showing beginning readers what they can already read in their environment all year round! Here is the story behind the creation of this little reader: Empower beginning readers – show them they can already read!
Dad reads with... is fun for Father's Day and for modeling the possibilities of who and even what a reader (in this case, Dad) might be reading with, and where! Here is the a popular Father's day post from the archives that inspired this reader: Why boys need to see Dad read!
Please note that on the line art copies, a boy is featured with dad on the top half of the page, and a girl is featured with dad on the bottom half of the page, so that when you print these copies, then cut them in half, you will end up with an equal number of each. The boy copy can pass off as unisex. Just be mindful of this when handing them out! (The color copy says 'Dad reads with us' while the b+w copies say 'Dad reads with me').
Sight-Words-Stages readers contain high-interest stories that target specific sight words while allowing early readers to maintain attention to the meaning in the pictures.
Reading the color version in a supportive setting (i.e. guided reading lesson), finding humor or a way the child might relate to the story helps to ensure comprehension and interest.
The story comes alive in the initial sharing of the color copy. Following up with the child’s own black line copy for them to color and keep is well-received and they are proud to take it home to show off their reading, (and writing, depending on the version you have selected to use!)
Reassembling sentences with colorful word and picture puzzles that match the reader make a fun literacy center that can be recreated at home with a copy students can color themselves!
Be sure to check out the preview for each title, and the features list below!
Personal Classroom Guided Reading Collection:
The Sight-Word-Stage Readers and Writing Sets are an ideal way to start a personal classroom Guided Reading library. Keep the colored copies to reuse year after year, and give students a personal copy to color and keep as familiar reading. There are always enough copies, and missing books are easily replaced!
Reading with a group?
A visual checklist is provided to keep students on task with their Sight-Word-Stages readers and follow-up activities, with the final item reminding them to practice reading their book, and reassembling the sentence strips (also included in color and black + white).
Features of these reader sets:
✔color version, and duplicated black and white copies for students included in 3 versions: 1) original reader 2) trace the sight word, 3) fill in the sight word
✔visual, color-coded/symbolic directional support
✔meaning supported by engaging pictures
✔two versions of matching sentence strips are included so students can reassemble the sentences (color and black and white)
✔Self-check checklists included in color and black and white to promote student independence
✔follow-up activity to reinforce the new sight word(s)
Try a sample, free!
- St. Patrick's Day Things - A FREE Sight Word Stages PreEmergent Reader
- Sample pages from a Level A reader are included in...
- T.F.R.T's Free Back to School sampler!
- Community Helpers - A FREE Sight Word Stages Lv 2 / B Reader
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback here. (And give yourself a little pat on the back, too - you will have just topped up your TpT credit balance!)
This Sight-Word-Stages Leveled Reader and Writing Activities set is available as part of the Levels A and B - Sight-Word Readers and Activity Sets 10 pack
More Sight-Word-Stages Readers:
- Cars and Trucks Sight-word levelled readers and activities sets - 2pk!
- Level aa Special Times of Year - Sight-Word Readers and Activity Sets
- Canada Emergent Sight-Word-Stages Readers!
- Level aa/1, 5-Pack School Themed Sight Word Readers
- Level aa/1, 5-Pack Fall, Thanksgiving, Halloween Themed Sight Word Readers
More Early Literacy!
- Save the Sight Words! [Smart Phone Box Worlds action card game]
- Concepts about Print: Letters and Words Storybook Lesson, bulletin board, visuals and sorting activity!
- Say it, Clap it, Toss it Syllable Sort Game (plus Season sort!)
- FREE Elkonin sound boxes and syllable printables like those included in Read and Write and More, sets!
❤️The #DWF EVERYTHING Bundle! BEST VALUE! (all #DWF TpT products continuously added here!)</a>
❤️Dealing With Feelings 1st 7 Storybook Lessons
➪The Complete Personal Alphabet BUNDLE !
☀Kindergarten First Grade Alternative Reading Log
❤️Kindness Storybook lessons, bulletin board
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Log in and go to your My Purchases page. Click the “Provide Feedback” button, where you will be linked to the page to leave a rating and short comment for the product.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive email updates about ThatFunReadingTeacher on TpT!
Pop by for a visit on:
Blog • Pinterest • Facebook • Instagram
Mother's Day reader | Father's Day reader | Sight Word Readers | Leveled Readers | Sight Word Practice | Sight Word Activity | Differentiated Learning | Kindergarten | Printable | Reading | Writing | Readers | Emergent Readers | Printable Books | Homeschool | Guided Reading | Leveled Sight Word Readers