These Personalized Sight Word Readers
are designed to engage your students as they practice key sight words! These readers help your students “buy in” to the task at hand by making them part of the book! It also provides books to take home for students who might not otherwise have them. These are so much more than a reader! Students actively engaging with the words by completing activities before, during, and after reading!
Click on the preview to download one reader to try for free!
Grab the growing bundle and save!
This pack includes 23 readers with 23 focus sight words, and covers 40 common sight words within the simple, predictive text! I've also included half sheet practice pages for the sight words that are not a focus sight word, so students can practice all 40 words!
These readers are 8 pages long (including the cover and back) and each reader only uses 1 sheet of paper!
To create readers
, simply type in your students’ names in the table of contents next to the reader you want them to have! Their names will automatically fill in. Then, you can print them out.
is a snap! Just print, fold, cut, tuck, and staple!
How Do They Work?
1. On the front of each reader, there is a person with a blank face. Students draw their own face and hair.
2. Next, students read through the reader.
3. Then, students fill, trace, and write the word on the back of the reader.
4. On each page of the reader (excluding the cover and back) the sight word is hidden in the picture. Students then go on a hunt and find the hidden sight words. You can make it more engaging by giving students magnifying glasses to use as they hunt!
5. Last, you can have the student color in the pictures. Now, they have a fun book they can use over and over!
Students will be exposed to these 40 sight words:
a, and, away, big, blue, can, come, down, find, for, funny, go, help, here, I, in, is, it, jump, little, look, make, me, my, not, one, play, red, run, said, see, the, three, to, two, up, we, where, yellow, you
Students will focus on these 23 sight words:
can, sees, plays, where, find, make, come, jump, for, go, to, said, big, funny, yellow, look, help, you, one, two, three, we, little
small group practice, early finishers, take home books, intervention practice, and more!