These Personalized Sight Word Readers
are designed to engage your students as they practice key sight words! These readers help your students “buy in” to the task at hand by making them part of the book! It also provides books to take home for students who might not otherwise have them. These are so much more than a reader! Students actively engaging with the words by completing activities before, during, and after reading!
Click on the preview to download one personalized, interactive reader to try for free!
GRAB THE BUNDLE AND SAVE! Do not purchase this pack if you have already purchased the bundle, as it is included in that bundle.
This pack includes 40 readers covering 40 common sight words within the simple, predictive text!
Each reader only uses 1 sheet of paper!
After the quick and easy assembly, these readers are 8 pages long (including the cover and back).
To create readers
, simply type in your students’ names in the table of contents next to the reader you want them to have! Their names will automatically fill in. Then, you can print them out.
is a snap! Just print, fold, cut, tuck, and staple!
How Do They Work?
1. On the front of each reader, there is a person with a blank face. Students draw their own face and hair.
2. Next, students read through the reader.
3. Then, students fill, trace, and write the word on the back of the reader.
4. On each page of the reader (excluding the cover and back) the sight word is hidden in the picture. Students then go on a hunt and find the hidden sight words. You can make it more engaging by giving students magnifying glasses to use as they hunt!
5. Last, you can have the student color in the pictures. Now, they have a fun book they can use over and over!
Students will focus on these 40 sight words:
after, again, any, as, ask, by, could, every, fly, from, give, going, had, has, her, him, his, how, just, know, let, live, may, of, old, once, open, over, put, round, some, stop, take, thank, them, then, think, walk, were, when
small group practice, early finishers, take home books, intervention practice, and more!
*** Note: in order for the embedded font to work correctly, please be sure to download the file, save it to your computer, and then open it with a PDF viewer. If you do NOT have a PDF viewer, you can download one here for free.***
| Email Family