PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
With these sentences, students can practice finding and reading sight words in context! Sentences increase in complexity, with a progression of sight word introductions and text features commonly found in K-1st grade text. Sight word cards with tense variations included!
- the, a, I, to
- and, you, it, said
- in, for, up, look
- is, go, we, little, down, can
- see, my, me, come, where, here, like, an
- do, at, he, she, what, no
- of, so, was, that, on, are, as, with, they, this
- have, not, or, by, find, were, but
- Print out sentences, cut into strips (for individual students, or partnerships)
- Have students find (circle, highlight, box) the sight words they see
- laminate and have students hunt for sight words in a literacy center