Help Your Kinders Learn Their Sight Words.
This packet can be used with Word Word. Each sight word sentence has 4 different naming words to be used Monday - Thursday. On Friday students use the picture word ring cards to fill in the blanks and then rewrite the sentences. My students cut these out and put in their Sight Word Journals. These journals are great for review or when students finish early and need to reinforce their sight word fluency.
The colorful Picture Word Naming Cards can be put on a ring in the center for students to use while writing their sentences. They are great to use when discussing nouns or naming words with students. This is a great packet to use with ESL or ELL students as they have the picture and the word.
This product includes sight words:
a, and, away, big, blue, can, come, down, find, for, funny, go, help, here, I , in, is, it, jump, little, look, make, me, my, not, one, play, red, run, said, see, the, three, to, tow, up, we, where and you.
The sentences are:
1. I can see the___. (pig, cow, horse, frog)
2. I like the _____. (rabbit, bird, tree, bee)
3. Look at the _____! (boy, girl, cat, dog)
4. Find the ____ ball! (red, yellow, orange, green, blue)
5. Here is my ______. (hat, cat, mat, bat)
6. Where is the ______? (sheep, goat, cow, duck)
7. We see a big ______. (fish, boat, apple, cake)
8. Help me find my _____. (shoes, sock, bow, dress)
9. Come here little ______. (duck, bear, bug, bird)
10. The ______ is funny. (rectangle, triangle, square, circle)
11. The ______ can run. (boy, girl, bear, dog)
12. See the _______ jump. (boy, girl, bug, bear)
13. I see the _______ car. (black, brown, purple, green)
14. We like the ______. (lamp, spoon, chair, clock)
15. You go to the _____. (school, house, doctor, bus)
16. See _____ and _____. (dog-cat, farmer-hay, horse-pig,cow-rabbit)
17. "Go away," said _______. (bird, hen, fish, bear)
18. I can make _______. (one, two, three, four)
19. The _________ can play. (dog, cat, boy, girl)
20. The bear is not_____. (sad, mad, upset, silly)
21. The ________ is for you. (flower, heart, doll, boat)
22. A _________ can fall down. (boy, girl, bear, leaf)
23. A _________ can go up. (jet, bird, ball, bear)
24. It is a red _______.(hat, book, bird, apple)
25. A _____ is in the water. (ball, boat, boy, girl)
I have found this helps my struggling Ks and also my English as a Second Language learners (ESLs, ELLs) because they get to look at the word as they are saying it.
I glued each of the sentence sheets on a manila envelope and then laminated the envelope. Inside are the extra sheets for students to use. I keep one copy in sleeve protector in case I need to run more copies.
I print out and laminate 4 sets of the Naming Word Rings. I put these in the center or station with the sentence sheets.
Students use their notebooks (journal covers included in this packet) and glue in the top portion after they have read and either rainbow traced or traced the sentence. Most like to color the picture. They also have their name and date. They build the sentence on the same or opposite notebook page. They do one sentence each day and on Friday they complete the half page and glue that in after writing and filling in the blank. There is space in the notebook for them to write about the 4 sentences.
This is Independent, Meaningful Work that students complete on their own after teacher models. I always ask my students to ask three before me.
Sight Word Sentences.
by Pam D'Alessandro
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License