SIGHT WORD SPECTACULAR will increase your students mastery of district sight words! The program uses the 220 Dolch Words by dividing them into 22 Lists. Each child may move at his or her own pace. Some children learn all 220 words while others learn only 40 to 50. Children in grades kindergarten, first, and second, achieve remarkable success not only in sight word recognition but with increased READING FLUENCY due to the innovative SIGHT WORD SENTENCES component!
Each of the 22 word lists has 6 “Sight Word Sentences” comprised with the words on each list. Students not only learn the sight words in ISOLATION but also in CONTEXT. This component is critical to increasing fluency and eventually comprehension.
The six sentences on each word list EXPAND into more COMPLEX sentences as each new list is presented. Therefore, children are REVIEWING previously learned sight words as they study each new list. Example: List 1: I like to run. List 7: See the frog jump under the box. List 22: There are many stars in the sky.
The results of adding Sight Word Sentences can be seen in the explosion of higher reading levels! Instead of only memorizing isolated words, children LEARN that they can READ independently!
Sight Word Spectacular contains:
• 22 Student Word Lists with corresponding Sight Word Sentences and Flash Cards
• 22 “Teacher” Sight Word Sentences to use for Testing. These sentences are typed on a pale yellow background to support beginning readers with visual discrimination. They can be laminated and used throughout the school year.
• 22 Sight Word List Covers with illustrations to display in the room.
• Teacher Recording Grid to track student progress.
• “At a Glance” charts: All 220 words displayed in chart format for easy review and reference. Both color and Black and White versions are provided.
Common Core State Standards: RF.K.1a, RF.K.1b, RF.K.1c, RF.K.3c, L.K.1a, L.K.2a, LK.2b.
Total pages 96
Graphics © Dianne J Hook.www.djinkers.com Commercial License #0813190245