Students will use spinners and word mats to practice basic sight words with this fun “frog themed” activity. How to play: Use a pencil and paperclip on the spinner. Students will spin, and read the sight word that it lands on. Then students will “cover up” the sight word on their sight word mat. It will be extra fun to use toy frogs/bugs as “covers”, but if you don’t have those available, you can use the provided paper frogs and bugs. Students can feed the sight word frog a fly, or land a frog on a sight word lily pad. What a way to leap into practicing basic sight words!
>>Watch this video HERE to see more about this activity!
What You Get:
- Spinner #1 with sight words: all, are, be, do, good, like, no, so.
- Spinner #2 with sight words: was, what, who, with, well, the, that, this.
- 2 Sight word mats for placing frogs on lily pads, corresponding to spinner #1.
- 2 Sight word mats for placing frogs on lily pads, corresponding to spinner #2.
- 1 Sight word mat for feeding bugs to frogs, corresponding to spinner #1.
- 1 Sight word mat for feeding bugs to frogs, corresponding to spinner #2.
- 20 Frog “cover ups.”
- 20 Bug “cover ups.”
SAVE!! Check it out:
This activity download is also included in my Ultimate K-1 Activity Bundle
>> FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
>> VISIT MY BLOG