These appealing, no-prep, rebus mini books provide the repeated practice students need to develop sight word proficiency and grow as confident, fluent readers.
This bundle is part of our growing Sight Word Stories Mini Books series, based on the Dolch Sight Word List. The mini books are organized accordingly to five levels, and can be used in any order to meet the diverse needs of your students.
This bundle includes:
• Teaching Guide
• Step by step lesson plan for teaching with the mini books
• Extension activities
• Four 12-page interactive, NO PREP mini books, PLUS three bonus mini book templates
• Sight word cards (and activities)
• Interactive pocket chart story strips and sight word cards sized to fit in a fill-in-the-blank format
• “Monster” Sight Word Cards (students can collect these)
• Mini-book themed writing practice pages
• PLUS mini-book themed classroom décor printables!
Here are just a few things that we LOVE about these mini books:
1. All you need to do is print, fold, and staple. It’s that easy. No more wasting time with pages that print upside down or out of order. Plus, we’ve set up the mini book PDFs for double-sided printing to save paper.
2. Full-color photographs captivate students from start to finish.
3. Rebus pictures on every story page provide the support young readers need to experience success.
4. Each mini book provides sight word practice in context, with predictable text that builds sight word knowledge and early reading skills.
5. In addition to writing the target sight word to complete the sentence on each page, students participate in completing the last page to help tell the story.
6. These mini books are an affordable way to promote the benefits of reading at home.
[list/link other products]
Thanks for visiting!
Holly and Joan
Blue Panda Press