Who’s wearing a hat? In the interactive sight word mini book Hats On!, young readers find an unexpected answer to that question on each page. Illustrated with irresistible full-color photographs, this mini book provides practice reading and writing the sight word "on."
Linking reading to writing, this mini book is paired with a “write your own” mini book that students can use to write and illustrate their own stories.
As with all mini books in the Sight Word Stories series, this mini book is set up for easy NO PREP printing. Just make sure the two-sided printing option is selected on your printer, then print, fold at the center, and staple to bind.
Target Sight Word: on
Additional Sight Word Practice: a, is, me, there
Mini Book Features:
• Easy Print PDF Setup: This PDF is set up to make printing easy. Illustrated directions are included in the PDF.
• Mini Book: This 12-page full-color mini book features high-quality photographs.
• “Write Your Own” Mini Book: Use this 8-page mini book template for further sight word practice. Target sight words are programmed on each page to provide spelling support.
• Rebus Format: Rebus pictures on each page provide young readers with the support they need to develop confidence as readers.
• Predictable Text Structures: Patterned text helps young readers build reading skills and develop fluency.
• Interactive: Children complete each page of the story by writing the sight word in a sentence completion. Then they illustrate the last page to help tell the story.
• Activity Pages: Two activity pages provide additional reading and writing practice.
• Send Them Home! Sight Word Stories mini books are an affordable option for sending reading material home with students. With PDFs set up for two-sided printing, it only takes three sheets of copy paper to make a 12-page mini book, complete with front and back covers.
CHECK OUT THE BUNDLE
to save on sets of mini books—with teaching tips, printables, and bonus classroom décor sets.
Thanks for visiting!
Holly and Joan
Blue Panda Press
Stop by our website!
Follow us on Facebook!
Visit us on Pinterest!