This interactive sight word mini book provides practice reading and writing the target sight words "on," "under," and "are." This mini book is designed to be used in conjunction with the Sight Words Stories mini books for each of these words. Linking reading to writing, this mini book is paired with a “write your own” mini book that students can use to write and illustrate their own stories.
As with all mini books in the Sight Word Stories Mini Books Bundle, these mini books are set up for easy NO PREP printing. Just make sure the two-sided printing option is selected on your printer, then print, stack the pages in order, fold at the center, and staple to bind.
Target Sight Words: on, under, are
Additional Sight Word Practice: I, is, know, me, the, these, this, to, where, with
Mini Book Features
• Easy Print PDF Setup: This PDF is setup to make printing easy. (Illustrated directions are included in the PDF.)
• Mini Book: This 12-page full-color mini book features high-quality photographs.
• “Write Your Own” Mini Book: Use this 8-page mini book template for further sight word practice. Target sight words are programmed on each page to provide spelling support.
• Rebus Format: Rebus pictures on each page provide young readers with the support they need to develop confidence as readers.
• Predictable Text Structures: Patterned text helps young readers build reading skills and develop fluency.
• Interactive: Children complete each page of the story by writing the sight word in a sentence completion. They illustrate the last page, adding a picture of themselves to join the fun.
• Activity Pages: Four activity pages provide additional reading and writing practice.
• Send Them Home! These mini books are an affordable option for sending reading material home with students. With PRFs set up for two-sided printing, it only takes three sheets of copy paper to make a 12-page mini book, complete with front and back covers!
Thanks for visiting!
Holly and Joan
Blue Panda Press