What do we eat? Young readers answer this question for penguins and other animal friends, then add on to the mini book to tell what they eat, too!
With a fun rebus format and bright, full-color photographs, this interactive sight word mini book engages readers from start to finish. Each page provides practice reading and writing sight words, with a focus on the word "eat."
Linking reading to writing, this mini book is paired with a “write your own” mini book that students can use to write and illustrate their own stories.
As with all mini books in the Sight Word Stories series, this mini book is set up for easy NO PREP printing. Just make sure the two-sided printing option is selected on your printer, then print, fold at the center, and staple to bind.
Target Sight Word: eat
Additional Sight Word Practice: do, I, know, the, we, you
Mini Book Features:
• Easy Print PDF Setup: This PDF is set up to make printing easy. (Illustrated directions are included in the PDF.)
• Photographs: This 12-page full-color mini book features high-quality photographs.
• Rebus Format: Rebus pictures on each page provide young readers with the support they need to develop confidence as readers.
• Predictable Text Structures: Patterned text helps young readers build reading skills and develop fluency.
• Interactive: Children complete each page of the story by writing the sight word in a sentence completion. They add on to the last page to help tell the story.
• Activity Pages: Two activity pages provide additional reading and writing practice.
• “Write Your Own” Mini Books: Use this 8-page mini book template for further sight word practice. Target sight words are programmed on each page to provide spelling support.
• Send Them Home! Sight Word Stories mini books are an affordable option for sending reading material home with students. With PDFs set up for two-sided printing, it only takes three sheets of copy paper to make a 12-page mini book, complete with front and back covers.
Thanks for visiting!
Holly and Joan
Blue Panda Press
Stop by our website!
Follow us on Facebook!
Visit us on Pinterest!