Story, "Where Can I Dig?"
Poor Max gets in trouble a lot in this story! Pat's friend Bob gives Max a bone. Max wants to bury his bone, but he keeps picking bad spots! Finally Pat helps Max find a good spot, and the two friends dig together.
Each Sight Word story comes with:
* Flash cards with the words in the story.
* A colored copy of the story.
* A Black and white student copy of the story.(About 90% black and white).
* Comprehension Questions
PLUS 4 Sight Word Activities:
* True and False Questions
* Sight Word Sentence Scramble
* unscramble the sentences about the picture. Glue the unscrambled sentences next to the picture.
* Sight Word Sentence Match-
Find the sentence that describes the picture. Cut it out and glue it underneath the picture.
* Silly Sentence Mix Up-
Students cut out sight words. They sort them into piles. Each student picks a card from each pile. He reads the cards and determines if the sentence makes “sense” or if it is “silly,” Students write down two silly sentences and two sentences that make sense onto their answer sheet.
These stories are short and easy to read. They are 8-10 pages in length with 2-4 sentences per picture. (Two pictures per page). Words are taken from the Dolch Sight Word List or are easily decodable.