SIGHT WORD PRACTICE
Teaching sight words is such an important component to reading success, which is why I love to create fun and engaging resources that helps students master sight words.
There is NO PREP needed for this packet! NO laminating, NO costly colored ink, NO cutting! Just PRINT and teach one sight word at a time!
This packet includes the following packets in one BIG bundle!:
1st Grade Version:
This Sight Word Super Stars NO PREP packet will work with all of the following sets:Pre-Primer Words:
a, and, away, big, blue, can, come, down, find, for, funny, go, help, here, I, in, is, it, jump, little, look, make, me, my, not, one, play, red, run, said, see, the, three, to, two, up, we, where, yellow and you.
all, am, are, at, ate, be. black, brown, but, came, did, do, eat, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, now, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran, ride, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with and yes.
1st Grade Words:
after, again, an, any, ask, as, by, could, every, fly, from, give, going, had, has, her, him, his, how, just, know, let, live, may, of, old, once, open, over, put, round, some, stop, take, thank, them, then, think, walk, were, and when.
Each page of the Sight Word Super Stars packets focuses on the following activities:
1. Find and Circle it Students find the specified sight word within a group of different words with a variety of fonts.
2. Trace it Students will be able to trace the specified sight word two times using proper letter formation. This will also help them practice good penmanship.
3. Color it The color it portion helps students read and recognize color words while coloring the sight word according to the color code.
4. Highlight it Grab the highlighters (or crayons) and lets students find the specified sight word in a group of 12 sight words.
5. Put it in a Sentence There are two simple sentences where students will write the sight word and read the sentence with the sight word. All of the sentences are designed with beginning readers in mind and mostly include sight words and short vowel words.
6. Box it Up Students will box up the word two times. One box it up box is traceable and the other box is meant to have student spell out the word.
7. Build it At the bottom of the page there are mixed up letter tiles to build the sight word. Students will cut and paste these letters to correctly build the given sight word.
It is my sincere hope that these pages are both EFFECTIVE and FUN for students as they learn to read and master sight words!
***Be sure to check out some of our other Sight Word Packets!
***If you like this NO PREP packet, you may also like some of our other NO PREP packets:
Be sure to follow us on Facebook for exclusive FREEBIES!