22 worksheets or activities for the sight word "THEIR", plus instruction sheets.
These worksheets and activities were designed to accompany and supplement HeidiSongs original spelling songs, so we are INCLUDING THE ORIGINAL SONG (audio only) .m4a file in this bundle! Please reference the individual instruction pages for use and hints for maximum effectiveness. Heidi has created, tested and adjusted each activity for her own classroom, and has shared with thousands of teachers worldwide thru her website at www.heidisongs.com. Please note the the video for the song is not included. Sight word song videos may be rented via internet streaming at or purchased on DVD at .
- Hidden Sight Word: Find the target word and color it a given color. If done correctly, the word appears! Great for visual discrimination.
- Trace the whole word or part of the target word and fill in the missing letters; then write the whole word.
- Write the letters printed in boxes that are sized to fit each letter. This helps kids notice the shape of the word.
- Find and color the target word in boxes. These are activities that force the child to look carefully at words that look similar and find the only the ones that match the target word exactly (visual discrimination.)
- Color the word printed in hollow block letters, and “Rainbow Write” the word, which means to trace the word several times with different colors.
- Read the sight words in sentences and use reading comprehension to fill in the missing word from a word bank.
- Reading comprehension - read the word in a sentence, circle the target word, and show you understand by drawing a picture.
- Write your own sentence using the target sight word and illustrate its meaning.
- Make a Mini-Song book, tracing the target word each time it is found. The book includes the words to the song and the hand movements. (Note: Requires light prep of cutting out the booklet and stapling together, unless your kids can do this themselves.)
- Sight Word Puzzle with target word and three other similar words to for a challenging activity. (Note: Requires prep. This may be mounted on a file folder with velcro or simply laminated for durability.)
- “Velcro Book” Manipulative of the target word, is designed to provide a hands-on way for children to practice reading and building the given sight words song, without ever needing to use a pencil or crayon. (Note: Requires Prep. Velcro and folders not included.)
- A "cloze" activity that uses the words to each song, allowing the child to practice writing the target word several times, within the context of the song.
© Heidi Butkus, HeidiSongs, Teach and Sing, Inc.