This is the first complete monthly set I have created as part of a complete school year set that will be uploaded to my store. Each month includes a language arts set that focuses on a sight work, color, and letter for the week as well as a math set that focuses on a number and color of the week and a pattern of the month.
OBJECTIVES FOR SIGHT WORD WORKSHEETS
* Trace the "weekly sight word" attending to correct letter formation within the lines.
* Rainbow color the inside of the sight word with different crayons attending to correct letter formation.
* Trace the "letter" of the week and color the object/objects identifying the beginning sound of the letter.
* Trace the "color" of the week and color the crayon to identify knowledge of the color.
* Cut in a straight line to make a bracelet for review throughout the day.
* Identify and color words that represent the color of the week..
* Cut and paste the letters of the weekly sight word for correct spelling.
* Trace the weekly sight word isolated in a sentence, and then entire sentences.
* Point and read sentences.
* Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
* Color and cut the sound card page and the sight word page and save for flash card practice.
OBJECTIVES FOR MATH WORKSHEETS
*Write/trace the number one.
*Represent and identify the number using tally marks, touch points, dominos, coins, a five frame, fingers, and a number line.
*Represent an AB pattern by coloring in shapes and letters.
*Complete the missing shape/letter at the end of an AB pattern.
*Trace the word for the shape of the week.
*Identify and color the shape of the week.
*Color and cut the number flash card page for ongoing practice.
These worksheets can be used for whole group instruction, small group instruction, remediation, centers for volunteers to guide children to independent work, and for independent centers.
Additionally, they are not limited to the month of September. They can be used any time of the year. However, I will be providing consecutive months that will build on this set.