Sight Word Game: Fishing for Sight Words
Make learning sight words fun with these printable sight word fish.
This sight word game includes:
• 40 Dolch pre-primer sight words
• 52 Dolch primer sight words
• 10 additional sight words
• 11 color words (includes both spellings of grey / gray)
• 20 BLANK fish to write your own words on (fish art work is original art by Curious Cat Was Here)
• NUMBERS 1 - 10 in four different styles: word, number, dots, tally marks
All of the above are included in two options:
• bright and beautiful colors
• black and white (save on ink and print on colored card)
• Recording sheet for children to write sight words they 'catch'.
• Game instructions
• Singing game sheet music: Charlie Over the Ocean
Use the sight word fish to:
• Create a word wall or colorful bulletin board display showing sight words that have been introduced.
• Make your own fishing pole and go 'fishing for sight words'. Instructions on how to make your own fishing pole are included.
• Print out two copies of the words you want to reinforce and play a game of 'sight word memory'.
• Also includes instructions for a parachute game using sight words.
The pages are sized for US paper (8.5 x 11 inches). There are two fish per page.
The sight word fish are ready to print in a PDF file.
This resource is useful for:
• Recognizing sight words
• Reading high frequency words
• Literacy centers
Have fun 'fishing for sight words'!
More Sight Word resources:
Our Sight Word Puzzle Range:
Sight Word Puzzles - DOLCH PRE-PRIMER words
Sight Word Puzzles - DOLCH PRIMER words
BUNDLE: Sight Word Puzzles - DOLCH PRE-PRIMER AND PRIMER words
Other Sight Word Activities:
Fishing for Sight Words:
sight word fish for games and word walls
Pumpkin Sight Words:
sight word game with a pumpkin theme