This resource not only uses sight words for the compound words, but the activities are differentiated! If you have multiple levels in your classroom, (and who doesn't, right?) then this product will help you scaffold learning. What a great winning combination as this is for 1st-3rd-grade levels which makes it easy to differentiate.
Words are taken from the Fry and other lists.
For this interactive resource:
- Print out all the cards or only the levels/words you need.
- There is a color set of words and also a black and white set to help differentiate. For example, when students are first learning, they have a matching color fish and bowl. The black and white version is more difficult, as there is no color “hint” to help them match the word. (See preview for an example.)
- There are a total of 54 words.
- Each set has 9 words.
- There is one set of words for 1st-grade level words, 2 sets for 2nd-grade level words, and 3 sets for 3rd-grade level words.
- Each set of words is color-coordinated for easy clean-up and management.
- Teach in whole or small group and then place the cards in a center for independent practice.
- Students match the fish with the fishbowl to form a new compound word. A recording sheet is provided for students to write the words they make.
- An answer key is provided for each set of words for the students to monitor their own learning.
❤️ Don't forget that leaving positive feedback earns you points toward FREE TpT purchases. I love that feedback! Please rate this resource and leave feedback HERE.
❤️ Also, follow me to be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the 1st 10 buyers after they are posted. It pays to follow me! Be the first to know about our new resources. CLICK HERE.
❤️ If you have any questions or need help with this resource, please email us at
❤️ For FUN teaching ideas and freebies, visit us at The Fun Factory Blog