This game is designed using the Fry Word List, using the Fourth Hundred Word Sheet
Students will have fun practicing their sight words.
How to Play:
1. Shuffle cards and place them in a pile in the middle of the table.
2. Take a card and read it. If you read the word incorrectly, place the card in a separate pile of “un-read” words to be read later.
3. If you draw a “smash” card then you will need to put back 10 cards into the “un-read” pile or off to the side depending on time, next remove the “smash” card.
4. If you draw a “mash” card then you will need to return all your cards to the, “un-read” pile or off to the side depending on time, and remove the “mash” card.
5. Take turns playing until the pile in the middle is empty.
6. The player who has the most monsters winds the game.