Sight Words Kindergarten Activities: Winter Theme
Also included in
- Bag a BUNDLE of Winter and Bug themed sight word activities! 80 fun and engaging NO PREP printables to help children learn sight words.Please note that these sight word packs can also be purchased separately. Click on the links below to see more of what is included in each pack:Sight Word Bug Hunt!WPrice $8.00Original Price $11.00Save $3.00
Sight Words with a winter theme. Search the Kids and Critters! 40 fun and engaging NO PREP printables to help children learn sight words.
**Please note this pack is available as part of a discounted BUNDLE, available here
Most children need to see high frequency sight words many times before they can recognise them instantly. Search the Winter Kids and Critters is a fun pack to add to your teacher’s toolbox of sight word resources.
• great for morning work
• ideal for word work centers
• fun and engaging way to learn words by sight
• capitalizes on children’s fascination with winter time fun!
Winter Kid and Critters provides opportunities for children to:
• locate a target word ‘hidden’ amongst other sight words
• focus on the order of letters in a word
• develop visual perception skills in an engaging and purposeful activity
Suggestions for Use
Teachers may direct children to:
• circle the word
• underline the word
• color the word
• dot stamp the word
• trace over the large word on each page
Extension/ Differentiation Ideas
• work independently for extra practice
• work with a partner to see how many words each child can read on the page - color the known words
• select some sight words to make a simple sentence, e.g. The snowman is big. Here is a funny penguin.
• children draw their own winter shapes and hide a target sight word inside
• staple the completed winter pages together to make a sight word revision booklet
You may also like: