Sight Words Play Dough Mats (Grade 1)
::::: Save SUPER BIG with the Sight Words SUPER BUNDLE! :::::
Please do not purchase this resource if you already own the Sight Words Super Bundle; these play dough mats are included!
About this book:
This book contains 44 play dough mats featuring grade 1 high frequency words from the Dolch Sight Word lists.
Directions for use:
To prepare the play dough mats for use, print the pages you wish to use and laminate them for durability. Children roll long snake dough pieces and use them to form the letters on the cards.
While my aim in creating this sight words unit was for it to be used play dough, there are other uses for the cards, such as:
1. ABC order Floor Puzzles - children place the words in alphabetical order.
2. ABC sorting Game - children group together the words that start with the same letter.
3. Number sorting Game - children group the words together by the number of letters in the word.
4. Find-the-pair Game - print 2 copies and you can play a giant matching game! Turn the cards upside down and children take turns in flipping over 2 cards - if it’s a match, the child keeps the cards, if not, the cards are turned upside down again. Game play continues until all the cards have been matched. The child with the most pairs wins!
5. Writing practice cards - print smaller versions of each card (such as 2 cards per page, or even 4 cards per page), laminate them for durability and cut apart. Children practice writing and re-writing the sight word each card with a dry-erase marker.
6. Make a sentence - children use the word and picture on the mat to make a sentence.
Happy Teaching :)
Other Play Dough Mats available in my store Pre-Primer Sight Words Play Dough Mats
Primer Sight Words Play Dough Mats
Click here to view all the play dough mats here!
For other Grade 1 Sight Word resources, please click here!
Follow me on Facebook for exclusive freebies and giveaways!Follow me on PinterestVisit my blog