Sight Words Play Dough Mats with lines
About this book:
This book contains over 200 play dough mats featuring all the high frequency words from the Dolch Sight Word lists:
- Pre-Primer Sight Words
- Primer Sight Words
- Grade 1 Sight Words
- Grade 2 Sight Words
- Grade 3 Sight Words
Directions for use:
To prepare the play dough mats for use, print the pages you wish to use and laminate them for durability. Children roll long snake dough pieces and use them to form the letters on the cards.
While my aim in creating this sight words unit was for it to be used play dough, there are other uses for the cards, such as:
1. ABC order Floor Puzzles - children place the words in alphabetical order
2. ABC sorting Game - children group together the words that start with the same letter
3. Number sorting Game - children group the words together by the number of letters in the word
4. Find-the-pair Game - print 2 copies and you can play a giant matching game! Turn the cards upside down and children take turns in flipping over 2 cards - if it’s a match, the child keeps the cards, if not, the cards are turned upside down again. Game play continues until all the cards have been matched. The child with the most pairs wins!
5. Writing practice cards - print smaller versions of each card (such as 2 cards per page, or even 4 cards per page), laminate them for durability and cut apart. Children practice writing and re-writing the sight word each card with a dry-erase marker.
Happy Teaching :)
This is a pdf file and contains a total of 220 pages.
Sight Words Play Dough mats WITHOUT handwriting lines available here!!
If you like this resource, you may also like:
Numbers with Correct Number FormationAlphabet with Correct Formation AND PicturesAlphabet with Correct Letter Formation (no pictures)Colors with PicturesPhonics Special Sounds with Pictures
Or, if you need even more play dough mats, whether it be Seasonal and/or Thematic, be sure to check out all my Play Dough mats here!!Follow me on Facebook for exclusive freebies and giveaways!Follow me on PinterestVisit my blog