With the emphasis on learning high frequency words in kindergarten and first grade, I found a need for a versatile, hands-on learning tool for literacy centers and homework. This pack includes a card for each of the First 100 Fry Words. Here are some of the ways I plan to have kids use these sheets throughout the year:
• Rainbow the word.
• Hole punch beside the sight word.
• Punch beside all the words they can read.
• Paint by dabbing the word with a q-tip.
• Highlight the target word.
• Color code all words according to the number of letters in the word.
• Write how many times the target word was found.
• Take a challenge to read one side of the card in one breath.
• Take a challenge to read 2 sides of the card in one breath.
• Take a challenge to read all the words on the card within one minute.
These cards are presented in order of frequency. Once the first few words are introduced, each card includes only words that appear above it on the Fry List. As students work through these cards, they will have an opportunity to review words that were previously presented.
Many thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
Sincerely, Anne Gardner (NBCT, Literacy)
Very First Alphabet Sentences
Very First Sight Word Sentences
Very First Reading Comprehension Passages: Guided Reading Level C
Very First Reading Comprehension Games
Kindergarten Reading Comprehension Passages for Students Transitioning to Level D
Reading Comprehension Passages for Guided Reading Level D
Reading Comprehension Passages for Guided Reading Level E
Reading Comprehension Passages for Guided Reading Level F
Reading Comprehension Passages for Guided Reading Level G/H
Reading Comprehension Passages for Guided Reading Level I/J
Guided Reading Awards and Parent Handout Bundle for Levels A - L