This 278 page packet contains everything you will need to teach your students 100 sight words this year!
• a complete word wall set with 26 colorful letter headers (Aa-Zz) and 100 sight word cards. The word cards have been “color coordinated” to match the headers in order to make sure you have an “eye catching” word wall!
• a set of monthly sight word lists (September-May) to send home every month. Each list includes twelve sight words for the month (except for December with only four). You may run these on color paper for parents to “spot” right-a-way.
Note: Our students keep the list for the month inside their communication binders which go home daily. At the end of the month we assess the students individually and use the list to report missed words and/or score back to the parents.
• a set of monthly sight word charts (September-May) to display all words of the month “at a glance”. You may run these on white cardstock and laminate for durability.
Note: We have changed the order of the words within each month, so you can use these charts to assess your students. We have done this to make sure they have learned the words “by sight” and not by the order on the lists.
• a set of daily sight word work. One activity sheet for each sight word (100 total). The activities vary throughout the months.
• a set of weekly review sheets (25 total) with all four words introduced each week. The activities vary throughout the month.
• a set of monthly review sheets (9 total) with all 12 words introduced each month.
• a set of monthly sight word flash cards that can be used for assessment and student practice. Great for tutors to use with students.
• A complete set of word work cards (100 words). Students can use many various things to “fill” the word. Change it up every week or let the students choose what they want to use each day (for example students can use play-doh, cut straws, wikki stix, etc).
Note: Students are introduced to 4 sight words every week and this is how it works in our classrooms: A new word is introduced each day (M-Th) and students work on the activity sheet that corresponds to the word of the day. On Friday students review all four words of the week by completing the review word work activity sheet. The last week of the month is used for reviewing all 12 words and assessment.
This “step-by-step” and “easy to use” resource will help your students build their sight word knowledge by allowing them to work with each word in a fun and engaging way!
**Although we have given you very specific instructions on how we use these products in our classrooms please know that it has a lot of flexibility too; words can be taught in a different order and students can progress at their own individual pace.
Word wall and Word work also sold separately in our TPT store.