This resource is for teachers using the Reading Wonders reading program for First Grade.
Special Thanks to Cynthia Bernal, Fontana USD , for help in putting together the list of 100 words and for translating the parent letters into Spanish. Thank you, Cynthia! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)
It includes all Sight Words taught throughout the school year in colored unit lists for units 1 through 6.
* Sight Words laid out on one page (great to send home on the first day of school, at parent orientation, or stick in homework folders for a year-long reference point) - many choices!
* Color coded flash cards (these also make a great Word Wall display!)
* Parent letters in ENGLISH AND SPANISH to send home at the beginning of each unit for units 1 through 6. These letters give parents the sight words that will be introduced in that unit as well as suggested activities for helping their children at home.
* "Help Me Learn" Bookmarks to strengthen the home-school communication and remind parents to keep practicing.
* "Help Me Learn" handouts with mini-flash cards (to send home!)
* Achievement Awards to send home with students who master all the words within the unit (An editable version is included as well - just open in PowerPoint, click, and type!)
* Gumball machines in color or black and white to display sight word data attractively in your classroom (students earn a gumball each time they master a unit list. I have provided gumballs but you could also have students use label stickers, color their own gumballs, paint them, or use BINGO daubers). An editable version is included as well so that you can type student names onto the gumball machines.
I have added an EDITABLE Sight Word List Template. Already own this? Visit your "My Purchases" tab and re-download at no extra charge.
Now includes START SMART kindergarten review words to focus on for the first three weeks of the new school year. There are 2 options for a letter to send home to parents (sorry, but this letter was NOT translated into Spanish). It also includes the send home flash cards, word wall cards, bookmark word lists, and awards for all three weekly lists of Start Smart sight words.
Feedback and follows are greatly appreciated.
Thanks and happy Sight Word mastery!