Fun Activity to teach students colors with real world objects (Signal Lights). Also a great way to teach students the importance of safety of crossing the street, learning what the various colors of the signal light represent.
Activity was created for Special Education students to teach Community Based Instruction (CBI). Activity also works great with Elementary students.
- First colored page is an example of the finish product.
- Second page contains 2 signal templates. Page can be cut in half and used for 2 students to paste on black construction paper.
- Third page contains blank circles that are to be colored and pasted on the 2nd page (previous page) to the correct corresponding position. (e.g. the green colored circle will be placed to the corresponding position that is labeled "green"). The third page contains 3 rows of blank signals that can be cut for 3 students.
- Fourth page contains 8 labels that can be pasted on the top or bottom of the finished product.
- Fifth page (if needed) contains a photo copy of a black page in case you do not have access to black construction paper.
Hope you have fun and enjoy this activity of learning colors and signal/traffic light with your students!