Significant Digits: A Complete Unit Plan Bundle
This unit has everything that a teacher needs to teach a unit on significant digits or significant figures to physical science, chemistry, or physics students.
Please Note: The items in this bundle are included in my Science Skills Mega Bundle, which can be viewed by clicking this link.
Each of these products is sold separately in my TpT store, but buying the entire unit in one download will save you money. If each of these products were purchased separately, the total cost would be $20.98.
What is included in this bundle?
This bundle includes the following products. Clicking on each link will allow you to view a detailed product description of each item included in the bundle.
PowerPoint on Significant Digits with Teacher and Student Notes
Lab: The Use of Significant Digits in Making Measurements
Significant Digit Practice Problem Worksheet
Worksheet: Calculating with Significant Digits
Jeopardy Review Game on Significant Digits
Quiz: Significant Digits and Metric System
Test: Scientific Measurement
Topics covered are:
• Definition of significant digits.
• Pictures of rulers with different markings are used as examples to help students understand the meaning and importance of using significant digits in scientific measurements.
• All of the rules for using significant digits are clearly stated. Many examples using each rule are given.
• Once the rules have been covered, students are given practice problems that involve the use of all rules.
• Determining significant digits when rounding. Students are given practice problems and asked to round to a given number of significant digits.
• Rule for rounding to the correct number of significant digits when adding and subtracting. Rule is clearly stated. Students are given practice problems.
• Rule for rounding to the correct number of significant digits when multiplying and dividing. Rule is clearly stated. Students are given practice problems.
When appropriate, I have included each product as an editable Word document, and I have also included each product in pdf form.
All answers are included.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)