Significant Figures: Part II
Measurement Unit - Video Lesson #6
Need a sub plan? Tired of repeating yourself for the 1,000th time? Are many of your students working at different paces? Need a remediation plan? TRY USING A VIDEO LESSON! :)
Significant Figures: Part II (33:28 min)
• Purpose of Sig. Figs. is Measuring and completing Calculations to the appropriate Degree of Precision
• How to Multiply and Divide to the Correct Degree of Precision/with the Correct Sig. Figs.
• How to Add and Subtract to the Correct Degree of Precision/with the Correct Sig. Figs.
• Placeholder Zeros must be written even if they are not significant
• Real-Life Lab Example/Application
Directions: Play the video. The video contains an explanation of the concept as well as example problems. For some example problems, instructions will be given to pause the video and solve the problem. After solving the problem, restart the video to view the correct answer. Continue watching the video.
Need some Guided Notes?
Fill-in the blank Guided Notes that follow the video lesson are available for purchase!
Need a follow up Activity/Assignment after the video?
The following items are available through the Chemistry with Confidence TPT Store!
• Significant Figures
Check out more Videos & Material in the Measurement Unit Curriculum
Interested in learning more about Chemistry with Confidence?
Check out the Chemistry with Confidence website
Happy Teaching :)
CAUTION: THIS VIDEO CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED. It can only be streamed when logged into your Teachers Pay Teachers account.
To have the option of renting the video or purchasing to download, purchase the video through Chemistry with Confidence on Vimeo