Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Significant Digits PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Significant figures and scientific measurement is a must-teach topic for a physical science, chemistry or physics class. This powerpoint on Significant Digits consists of 19 slides that are colorful, informative and visually stimulating.
PLEASE NOTE: This product, along with 6 other products, is included in a bundled unit plan on Significant Digits. Click here to see the listing for the complete unit plan: Significant Digit Bundled Unit Plan
This product is also included in my Science Skills Mega-Bundle of 61 files.This Science Skills Bundle contains 61 different files on science skills, including metric system, scientific method, scientific notation, graphing, significant digits, experimental design, comparing and contrasting and more.
Topics covered are:
• Definition of significant digits.
• Pictures of rulers with different markings are used as examples to help students understand the meaning and importance of using significant digits in scientific measurements.
• All of the rules for using significant digits are clearly stated. Many examples using each rule are given.
• Once the rules have been covered, students are given practice problems that involve the use of all rules.
• Determining significant digits when rounding. Students are given practice problems and asked to round to a given number of significant digits.
• Rule for rounding to the correct number of significant digits when adding and subtracting. Rule is clearly stated. Students are given practice problems.
• Rule for rounding to the correct number of significant digits when multiplying and dividing. Rule is clearly stated. Students are given practice problems.
This powerpoint was written with a typical physical science or chemistry class in mind.
Also included is a set of notes to accompany this powerpoint. It includes a complete set of notes (4 pages) for the teacher, and an outline of the notes(5 pages) for the students. Students will use the outline as the powerpoint is being presented and will fill in the notes as the lesson is being taught.
Other products related to this topic include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)