This bookmark is double-sided, and both sides include important information for students to use while actively reading with a purpose. One side includes the 6 Reading Signposts, a bit of information about the signpost and the anchor question that students will need to respond to. The other side has instructions on how to craft a well-written post-it note in response to the anchor question. I've also included a sample response (from the novel Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper).
I wanted to make a bookmark that included everything a student would need when reading the novel, and eventually they memorize the information on the bookmark from constant use.
How to use:
1. Photocopy/print 2 copies of the bookmark.
2. Leave on copy intact and cut out the one side of the bookmark from the 2nd copy.
3. Tape the cut-out side to the back of the other paper. Now the bookmark is double-sided and on a full sheet of paper. You can to make sure the lines all match up.
4. Photocopy all of your bookmarks double-sided (2-2) using your photocopy machine, and you wil have double-sided bookmarks!
* I changed the size of my bookmarks when I copied them, making them 75% of the size they are now.
* I also chose to laminate the ones I gave out to my students so they would not get ripped up or damaged.