This card game reinforces vocabulary and concepts related to the study of Sound. It consists of 30 pairs of cards. Players take turns asking each other for a card to complete their pair. The winner is the person who collects the most number of pairs. To use, print the pages on card stock and cut out the cards. Alternately, you can save your valuable time and effort by purchasing professionally printed decks of these cards here on Teachers Pay Teachers or by visiting www.thomasleanne.com.
This game is very easy to play and can be played in a short period of time. It can be used as a hands-on tool to complement a science unit or to help English Language Learners learn vocabulary. It is also the perfect, fun, quick way to review before state exams. For the visual learner, actual photographs reinforce the concepts presented.
• No set-up time required. Just deal the cards and play.
• Students can play independently. Even students who have trouble reading can play by describing and matching the photographs on the cards.
• Limited time? Great for those 10 extra minutes. Perfect for students who finish an assignment early, or as a reward at the end of a good day.
• Authentic. Actual photographs are used to enhance learning.
• Created by a teacher. Used successfully in the classroom with real students. They love them!!
• For 3 to 6 players
Please also look for my other games that teacher basic science concepts. Rock-On, States of Matter, Kingdoms, and Who's Got the Bones? can be found right here on Teachers Pay Teachers. Or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.