This 2-minute "Magic E" video teaches the concept of the silent e using a fun, upbeat tune. I've used the colors blue next to red as a research-based way to highlight how short vowel words transform into long vowel words. Use the "Magic E" video everyday in your classroom so that children internalize this important concept.
***NOTE that this is one of 31 videos in my COMPLETE "Phonics Time" 31-Video Set. Please click HERE for the full set
Along with the video that streams from TpT, you'll get:
1. Full color and black-and-white illustrated lyrics pages--Great for song/poetry notebooks, shared reading, and guided reading.
2. A private link to the video on Vimeo--ONLY accessible to people who purchase the product on TpT. From Vimeo, you can stream, download, and embed the video--for classroom use only, please!
3. "Magic e" flashcards--Great for interactive notebooks, and an easy, no-prep way to reinforce song concepts.
Encourage kindergarten, first grade, second grade, ELL, and special education students to...
1. Read as they sing.
2. Read lyrics as they listen to the song (without watching the video).
3. Circle the "magic e" in words they find.
"That Magic E" aligns with the following Common Core State Standards:
Associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.
Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
Know final -e and common vowel team conventions for representing long vowel sounds.
Distinguish long and short vowels when reading regularly spelled one-syllable words.
Note that this is one of 31 videos in my Phonics Time COMPLETE set: Please click HERE
. This set includes:
1. Access to all videos--to stream and download.
2. All 31 mp3 songs
3. An illustrated 35-page student lyric book
4. A 28-page teacher's guide including an introduction to phonics; teaching ideas to implement before, during, and after playing songs; and 3 quick assessments
5. Any "extras" that come with individual files on TpT
6. Access to my website, where I've featured all 31 videos along with simple lesson ideas on one convenient page.
Please also consider my:
31-video "Common Core KinderMath" Kindergarten Math Videos Set
38-video Common Core 1st Grade Math Set
***Note that ALL of my products are GUARANTEED. If you are not completely satisfied, I will refund your purchase price. Just write to me on TPT or directly at email@example.com.
Thanks for trying my materials!