This is a revised file; please download again if you purchased previously.
Silent ‘E’ Words Activity Set: This set was designed to reinforce your lessons on silent 'e'. There are five different fun interactive activities included in this set.
1. Foldables: In this set, students will read the short vowel words then lift the flap to reveal the ‘e’ and a long vowel word.
2. Sliders: Students will use the sliders to slide and make long e words.
3. Interactive notebook flip flaps: students will color the long e pictures and write the corresponding words underneath.
4. Word Search Puzzles: In these puzzles the students are given the short vowel words and they will find the matching long vowel words with silent ‘e’ in the puzzle. One puzzle contains the pictures and students will find the matching names in the puzzle.
5. Wipe Off Cards: Students can use dry erase markers, magnets, or letter tiles to identify the long e word for each picture.
The set is great to use in your guided reading group or centers; answer sheets are also included.
Common Core Standard
RFS.2 Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
a. Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
Here are some other products your students will enjoy.
Write on-wipe off short vowel family mats
Write on-Wipe off long vowel family mats
ABC 123 Interactive Learning Wheels Set
Short vowel interactive rhyming wheels