Silent e (bossy e or magic e) is reinforced in this pack. Perfect for word work, it contains posters and worksheets to help your students master the silent e rule in their spelling and reading. Whether you use the term ‘magic e’, ‘bossy e’ or ‘silent e’, you will find a poster that shows the rule.
This product can be found in Phonics Bundle - posters and worksheets (US Spelling)
and Phonics Bundle - posters and worksheets (Australian Spelling)
Each split digraph (a_e, i_e, o_e and u_e) has:
- A poster with six illustrated examples of each silent e word.
- A poster with a list of either a_e, i_e, o_e or u_e words.
- 1 title card and up to 11 illustrated silent e words for a word wall.
- 2 recording sheets for use with the charts are also supplied.
worksheets are provided for each
individual split vowel digraph (a_e, i_e, o_e and u_e) covering a range of skills:
- Read and Draw - This worksheet requires students to read the sentence and draw the appropriate picture.
- Read and Highlight - Students roll the die, read one sentence and then use a highlighter to identify the split vowel digraph in focus.
- Spell the Word - Students spell the word by coloring the letters it contains.
- Missing Letters - To complete this activity, students cut out the letter tiles and paste them beside each picture in order to make a silent e word. The remaining letters will spell a word with the split vowel digraph in focus.
- Find the Word - Students identify the silent e word and then write it in the matching word box. (answer key provided)
- Spin a Picture – Students must spin a picture and then find the silent e word on the sheet and color it.
worksheets that focus on all split vowel digraphs (a_e, i_e, o_e and u_e) are also provided:
- Picture Sort - Students say each picture, determine which split vowel digraph it has and then write it in the appropriate place.
- Word Sort - Students sort the split vowel digraph into the appropriate column.
- Roll and Read - Students gain practice with reading lists of words containing the each split vowel digraph.
- Silent e words - To consolidate their knowledge of the split vowel digraph, students say each picture and then determine whether it has an ‘a_e’ or ‘u_e’ circle it the correct color and then write it in the appropriate place.
- Silent e words - To consolidate their knowledge of the split vowel digraph, students say each picture and then determine whether it has an ‘i_e’ or ‘o_e’ circle it the correct color and then write it in the appropriate place.
- Three in a Row - In this game for one or two players, students must identify must identify which words use which split vowel digraph. A recording sheet is also provided.
- Spin and Write - This advanced word work activity focuses on spelling. In order to complete the spelling of a word, students spin a split vowel digraph and write it on the word wall in the correct place.
- Interactive Notebook - Four sheets are included (one for each vowel -a, i, o ,u) Students read the short vowel word and then add an e to make a magic e word and draw the matching picture.
British English spelling is also included.
You might also be interested in:
AI and AY vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
EE and EA vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
OA and OW vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
OI and OY diphthongs- posters and worksheets
OW and OU diphthongs- posters and worksheets
OO vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
R controlled vowels - posters and worksheets
Become a follower and take advantage of my Early Bird Specials, freebies and product launches.
All new products are half price for the first 24 hours of listing. Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.