Looking for a fun way for students to practice their silent e? Young learners will have fun practicing silent e words using this spider web phonic game boards. The set includes five game boards and 152 word cards. It can be played between two students or two teams.
5 Long Vowel (Silent E) game boards
(1) Long /a/ board (ex: ape, bake, cake.)
(2) Long /i/ board (ex: five, ice, kite.)
(3) Long /o/ board (ex: home, hole, poke.)
(4) Long /e/ and /u/ board (ex: eve, here, cute.)
(5) A mixed vowel board for reviewing
*There are also 152 silent e word cards.
Rhyming set for silent e Long a Words: _ape, _ake, _ate, _ame, _ace, _ade
Rhyme with for Silent e Long i Words: _ive, _ice, _ike, _ite, _ide, _ine,
Rhyme with for Silent e Long o Words: _ome, nope, _ole, _one, _oke, _ose
Rhyme with for Silent e Long u Words: use _ube, _uke, _ute, _ude
Rhyming set for Silent e Long e Words: eve, gene, Pete, here, etc.
Hope you enjoy! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
How to play:
1. Divide the class into pairs. Decide who will be the “spider” and who is the bee/ladybug/fly/mantis.
2. One player (the “spider”) places the spider marker in the middle of the web. The other player, (the bee/ladybug/fly/manits) places an insect marker in any outer section of the web.
3. Players can move in any direction on the web.
4. To play, players take turn selecting a “word ” in a space adjacent to their current position. If they could pronounce it, they move to that space. If not, they stay where they are.
5. The “spider” wins if it catches its prey.
The bee/ladybug/fly/mantis wins if it can cross the web before the spider catches it.