This engaging simulation in barter and trade explores the challenges in trading on the Silk Road during the Middle Ages
In this student-tested and approved hands-on trade simulation, students “travel” with Marco Polo on the Silk Road to Kashgar. Students take on the role of traders to explore the challenges of barter by exchanging goods on the Silk Road. Students practice non-verbal skills because of language barriers, a very real situation for many students. Students determine the economy i.e. they decide which goods are more valuable than others by determining trade prices.
This detailed teacher's plan includes:
● 4 Complete student handouts for launching a trade simulation
● 1 Complete teacher’s guide for teaching the trade simulation
● Full list of resources on teaching Marco Polo and the Silk Road
● References to additional lessons on the Silk Road to enhance the overall trade simulation
as part of the World History Middle School Resource Bundle
Medieval Europe Resources Include:
- The Middle Ages Heraldry Station Activity
Silk Road: Student-centered unit project for Middle Ages or China Study
- The Middle Ages Interactive Notebook Pages
- The Middle Ages On the Silk Road Shadow Puppets from Indonesia Collaborative Activity
- On the Silk Road - a simulation in barter and Trade
- The Middle Ages Mapping Marco Polo's Journey on the Silk Road
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Social Studies) and Math Mondays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Math)
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.