Santa's silly elves have changed all of the sentences, switching pronouns and adjectives around, affecting the meaning of them. This listen and respond game will work on language skills in a fun, effective way!
I created this activity after realizing that my students could use pronouns and adjectives more confidently when they were given the opposite or wrong word in a modeled sentence. Context means everything! Most of my younger or bilingual students had the vocabulary receptively but didn't feel confident enough to use it expressively in therapy sessions.
The parent communication form was added to send home so that parents were made more aware of the vocabulary their child was learning and could then intentionally use it over the next few weeks in the home.
Included in this packet:
- Instructions for printing
- Two game boards for individual student use (print more if needed)
- 30 different game cards targeting adjectives and pronouns in sentences
- Parent information/send home letter detailing vocabulary targeted.
- Worksheets with/without adjective word bank for carryover of skills into written expression.